When a customer enters the system, they will remain as in-process by default with a salesperson, or unassigned if open floor is enabled until assigned to a salesperson. Once the photo is clicked on, the following interface will show with the options for selecting how to class the interaction.
Three RESULTS circles (Sale, Potential, No Sale)
The first three icons handle the majority of customer interactions. These three are for sales, potential sales, and no sales transactions. Once a photo has been clicked on and the customer results have been entered, the circles on the photos will update in the photo stream as well.
Green is for when a sale has been made. When this is selected, salespeople will be prompted to enter in details of the customer and the sale that has been completed.
- Product category is where you can choose the product(s) that the customer purchased. These will be configured to what each individual store offers.
- Sales order will populate here if DoorMan is integrated with your point of sale software, and it can pull up the order info from it and fill in the contact region. If not configured as such, you can manually enter the sales order number.
- Sale amount. If the sale was made between multiple salespeople, you can select the split sale button to divide the sale between two salespeople.
- Contact region is for entering all of the buyer’s contact information. Phone numbers, name, address, email, and any additional comments a salesperson has on the customer or sale.
Below shows what options are available once Sale has been selected.
Blue denotes that the customer can be a potential future sale. This is used when customers have reasons for not being able to purchase at this time, such as needing to verify with their spouse or needing to measure for fitting purposes.
- Product category – This is where you can choose the product(s) that the customer was interested in. These will also be tailored to what each store offers.
- Contact region for entering the customer's contact information. Phone numbers, name, address, email, and any additional comments.
- Potential region is for if the customer is interested in a further follow-up. For example, if they want to schedule an in-home appointment, or you promised to email the customer. You can choose the date and time that this action should be scheduled.
Below shows what options are available once Potential has been selected.
Red indicates that no sale was made to the customer. This is a more final state than the potential sale, and the customer is not interested in purchasing a product.
- Product category – This is where you can choose the product(s) that the customer was interested in.
- No sale stage for showing the stage of the sale that the buyer decided they would not continue with the purchase. It can be open, gather, demo, or close.
- No sale reason for choosing the reason for why the customer did not choose to buy the product. Options are spouse, be back, measure, inventory, price, style, finance, and see comment.
Below shows what options are available once No Sale has been selected.
(Reject Opportunity) select if you are unable to work with a new customer. and the photo will go to the next available salesperson. Note you will need to determine the reason for rejecting it. For example busy with another customer, on the phone with a customer, doing paperwork, getting ready to go on break, getting ready to go home, or in a meeting.
(Reassign Opportunity) once clicked you can choose another salesperson that is on the Upboard to reassign it to.
(Copy Opportunity) this is used when a photo was taken of a group of people walking through the door, but they were actually different customers and need to count as two or more separate customers.
(Exclude) when the photo posted was really not a customer. After excluding it you can choose the reasoning. Was it an employee, duplicate customer, business customer, re-entry, delivery, exit, maint./cunst., vendor, other (comment).
(Be-back) select when customers return for a specific employee.
(Display Large Photo) if you want to see a large photo of the customer you are working with.
Edit previous results
Once a customer interaction has been submitted, the type and details can get changed at a later time. Each completed result will correspond with the same edit option so you can change the customer's details. If you would like to change the result type then select "change result.
(Edit Sale) This will only display if a photo gets marked as a sale and allows you to changes what got previously entered.
(Edit Potential Sale) This will only display if a photo gets marked as a potential sale and allows you to changes what got previously entered.
(Edit No Sale) This will only display if a photo gets marked as a no sale and allows you to changes what got previously entered.
(Change Result) If you incorrectly marked a photo with the wrong result this how you can change it. For example, if a picture got labeled as a no sale, but the customer did purchase a product you can then change the status to a sale from a no sale
Please sign in to leave a comment.